Online Banking Security
First Sentry Bank understands that the security of your personal account information is important. Our goal is to protect the confidentiality of your account and personal data and comply with all applicable banking regulations relating to the safeguarding of your data. Security measures allow us to properly authenticate your identity when you access these services and protect your information.
We strive to insure the security of your Online Banking information. These standards include:
- In order to access your accounts online you must enter a unique User ID and Password. We strongly recommend you choose a password you can remember (without writing it down), but that does not use information which can be easily guessed by someone. Avoid the use of birthdays, children's names, etc. Do not reveal your User ID or Password to anyone.
- Password guessing is deterred with a lock-out feature. The system will automatically lock a user out when an incorrect password is used three times consecutively.
- First Sentry Bank requires you to change your password every 180 days.
- Multi-Factor Authentication: Our multi-factor authentication feature enhances our ability to verify your identity when you access Online Banking. You simply supply us with three questions and answers that only you know. If we detect unusual or uncharacteristic activity, we will ask you to answer your security questions to make sure that itís really you.
- After you log in, the date of last access is displayed at the bottom of the page for your own monitoring purposes.
- When your information is traveling over the Internet, from Online Banking, it is encrypted. Encryption is a way to rewrite something in code, which can be decoded later with the right "key." When you click on "Login", we encrypt your Netteller ID and password using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. The secure connection is established before your User ID and password are transmitted and is maintained for the duration of your online banking session. We decrypt your request and send the requested information back to you in an encrypted format. When you receive the information, it is decoded so that you can read it.
- First Sentry Bank does not display your account numbers over the Internet. Instead, we ask you to choose a "pseudo" name for each of your accounts. Examples of pseudo names would be: "vacation account", "checking account", and "savings account". You can change your "pseudo" account name under the "Options" section of Online Banking System.
- Login sessions have a time-out limit requiring you to login again after a ten-minute period of inactivity.