Now Available for First Sentry Bank Customers
With Apple Pay, you can now use your iPhone® 6, iPhone 6 Plus, or your New iPad at thousands of merchant locations nationwide to conveniently make purchases, all without reaching for your wallet.
Apple Pay is a convenient way to pay with your First Sentry debit card that makes reaching for your wallet a thing of the past. With Apple Pay you can simplify the way you shop by adding your First Sentry Bank debit card to the Passbook app on your iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, or New iPad. Now you can easily check out at many of your favorite retailers with just the touch of your finger.
- By adding your card to Passbook, there’s no need to reach for your wallet when making purchases in-store. Apple Pay also lets you make purchases quickly and easily within many of your favorite mobile apps that include the new feature.
- Best of all, with Apple Pay you still get all the rewards, benefits and protection your First Sentry Bank debit card already provides.
- When you make a purchase using Apple Pay, all transactions are monitored by the same First Sentry Bank Security System that protects your First Sentry bank debit card.
- Debit card numbers are not stored on your device and never shared with the merchant.
Get Started Now
- It’s easy to add your First Sentry Bank debit card to Apple Pay. Simply open the Passbook app on your iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, or New iPad running iOS 8.1 to get started.
- If you already have a First Sentry Bank debit card on file with Apple iTunes®, you can quickly import it into Apple Pay by entering the security code on the back of your card.
- To add a First Sentry Bank debit card that is not in iTunes, enter your card information manually or hold your iPhone 6 over the card and use the device camera to capture it automatically. Apple Pay will perform a simple validation with First Sentry Bank before the card is ready to use.
What is PayWave?
When you’re ready to check out, look for the payWave symbol where you normally swipe your card. PayWave lets you make purchases faster than ever before. With payWave® there’s no need to fumble for cash or even swipe your card. Simply look for this symbol at checkout:
When you see it, hold your iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus or New iPad in front of the secure reader. The payWave® reader communicates wirelessly with your phone, so all you need to do is wave, pay and go.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which devices can I use with Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is available on iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 3 running iOS 8.1 or later.
2. Which credit or debit cards can I use with Apple Pay?
First Sentry Bank customers with debit cards will be able to use Apple Pay. Apple Pay functionality is not currently available on partnership credit cards.
3. How do I set my First Sentry Bank card as my default card to pay?
Go to Passbook in your iPhone settings to set your default card.
4. Why am I being asked to verify my card?
This is an added level of protection to verify some security information. To do so, sign in with your online banking information, and follow the simple steps – or just give us a call!
5. Where can I make payments with Apple Pay?
To make in-store payments with your iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, or New iPad, look for the contactless payment symbol at participating Apple Pay merchants. You can also make in-app purchases on your iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 3 with participating merchants using Apple Pay.
6. How safe and secure is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay has enhanced security features that aim to make payments more secure than traditional ways to pay. Read more about how Apple Pay keeps payments secure.
7. Will I still earn rewards and benefits from my card when I pay using Apple Pay?
Absolutely! You’ll get all the benefits and protections that your debit card provides. If you currently earn rewards on purchases, you’ll continue to earn them for purchases made with Apple Pay.
8. Is Apple Pay free to use?
It is! Be aware that charges from your mobile carrier may apply depending on your data plan.
9. How will I know a transaction was successful?
After completing a payment using Apple Pay, confirmation will appear in Passbook.
10. Will I be able to see a history of my transactions with Apple Pay?
Yes! Your most recent purchases are kept in Passbook
11. What if I still have questions or need help with Apple Pay?
Give us a call!
First Sentry Bank Main Branch Phone: (304) 522-6400
Lobby Hours: Monday-Thursday 9-4, Friday 9-6
Barboursville Branch Phone: (304) 733-4244
Lobby Hours: Monday-Friday 9-4, Saturday 9-noon
Pea Ridge Branch Phone: (304) 733-7900
Lobby Hours: Monday-Friday 9-4, Saturday 9-noon
Lincoln County Branch Phone: (304) 824-6900
Lobby Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30-5